How can I spruce up a simple box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese?

Working with little food in the house,lol. Trying to make lunch. I have 2 boxes of Kraft macaroni and cheese. Is there anything you've ever mixed in it to give it an extra zip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ground beef or corn, my kids love it.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• bacon or hot dogs or sausage or bologna ??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• if your going for healthy, i would put some broccoli! if not healthy, bacon!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• We always liked it with tuna and frozen peas...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• frozen peas and ground meat
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 1:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• tuna yum!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You know whats really yummy? You can add a can of chili with NO BEANS (so its just the meat and the seasonings), and make Chili Mac....we have this when we go camping and the kids love it ..... I use 1 can for 2 boxes, since my kids dont like it too spicy!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Chili Mac!!! what a great idea! I'm gonna try it :)
    Anonymous

• ya i do hot dogs a lot but also any tomatoes, broccoli, or peppers (or really a lot of veggie's for that matter) also even if you only have some taco seasoning around makes it a little like cheesy taco. salsa in it with a bit of burger (of any kind) if you have it also makes a taco is dish (bake it for a good crunch with crunched up cereal or bread crumbs mixed w/butter for topping) The possibilities are endless.... You can hardly ruin mac and cheese! :) Also as far as food goes I know times are rough but you can always find a few loop holes. Grow a garden (or a mini, pot, or hanging garden if you don't have the room) you can grow herbs indoors, and also don't be shy to ask ppl for extra fruits and veggies growing in theirs that they dont want. (then can or freeze these for later when you need them) Dont 4get hunting Oh the things us moms can do with a box of mac and cheese!!! :D We always manage somehow. GL hun and God Bless
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I love mine with salsa!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010