are there early sign for gestational diabetes

ghugp

Asked by ghugp at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• That is detected by lab tests when you see your Doctor,isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Signs of gestational diabetes are pretty much the same as when not pregnant. Signs of high blood sugar levels are frequent urination, feeling tired, dizzy, headaches, increased hunger, extreme thirst, and weight loss.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Extreme hunger and thirst. Blurred vision and weight gain are the top signs.
    I had it with both of my kiddos, and they both showed up well before the typical 25 week mark.
    If you're feeling concerned and/or experiencing these symptoms, I would definitely bring it up with your OB. Good luck.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• ok well i never had anything but headaches when i was pregnant with my 3 yr old. right now i am so tired i literally take about 2 naps a day. why? i have never been this tired before
    ghugp

Answer by ghugp at 1:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Every pregnancy will never be the exact same.
    I was that way with my second born, I still am. With my son, I was so much more energetic and didn't even take any naps.. when I got pregnant with my daughter, it took everything I had to stay awake for a few hours to do some chores.
    If you're concerned, talk with your OB. It may be normal, or there may be an underlying problem. Only your OB will truly be able to answer your questions fully.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Well just being tired doesn't mean diabetes, being tired and the frequent peeing i mentions while possible signs of diabetes are also normal in pregnancy. Each pregnancy is different and being exhausted especially in the first trimester is 100% normal
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• gosh my preg with my 16 yr old was easy, my 3yr old not so much. i had gestational with her. i had to have shots 2 times a day. i havent even been to the doc for a conformational test yet. i have so many fears this time. 1 making sure its a good pregnancy instead of another failed one. 2. is wanting to know early if i will gestational again. right now i want to know by an ultrasound i am actually pregnant and theres a heart beat. i think i already have a uti. i have burning in the lower abdominal area, but i am not going to say that is what it is. for every miscarriage i have had not 1 symptom has been different as day and night. i keep asking questions i think to ease my fears is that bad
    ghugp

Answer by ghugp at 2:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Drinking soda every day
    eating lots of fast food
    not eating fruits and vegetables
    not eating whole grains

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010