sleep

my soon to be three year old goes to bed at 8 pm sharp and usually falls asleep about a half hour sometimes hour later. she will wake anywhere from 630-730 and is quite cheery. then 930-1000 rolls around and she is a wreak. i try to have her go back to bed, but this never works. i have tried to cut naps shorter, cut naps out, have a nornal 1.5 2 hour nap, but earlier in the day and none of the above is working out. any suggestions? oh and a quick lil morning nap just means she will not sleep again till bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Instead of a quick lil morning nap, can she just take her one nap for the day at 10am? I would see nothing wrong with putting her down when she's tired, even though that's not the typical time for a daytime nap for a one-nap child. My daughter is the same age and she sleeps from 8pm until 6:30 or 7 also... I thing that's about the right amount of night time sleep. (I think they say you can't expect more than 11 on average). I would put her down not for a cat nap, but do her whole nap routine at 10 am, maybe after a morning snack? That would leave you plenty of time to have lunch and get out of the house for a good afternoon activity (we end up having to squeeze all our entertainment into the period between 10am, when everything opens, and 11:30, when we need to leave to get home for lunch/nap. I think it it worked, and she would fall asleep for awhile at that time, it could be a nice schedule!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• (and you'd have time for grocery shopping or a walk or a quick trip to the park before the morning nap, too!)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010