Is it true that the baby won't move very much right before labor starts?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. As you get closer to term, there just isn't that much room in there. You will feel more of a stretching than a kicking or turning.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My son didn't.... I went in for a stress test the day I went into labor because he wasn't moving much and I was scared.... GL and Congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• for a lot of women that's true, but I had a surplus of amniotic fluid, so they kinda bobbed around. lol mine kicked and squirmed the whole way through. But slowed movement is normal, and even expected in late pregnancy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think the baby doesn't have much room to move around in.You will be able to feel it turning and moving where it needs to be for labor.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yep
    Anonymous

• I hope not. Because my daughter hasn't moved that much, I'm no bed rest, my husband is two hours away and I have no family here to watch my daughter. So if I go into labor I'm fucked. Thanks hubby for leaving me alone.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If it's the case then I should start anytime now. I am 35 weeks and he isn't moving much these days, just the hiccups everyday but other than that, he's pretty quiet nowadays.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010