Dr said white cells in her urine? Going to do an overnight culture?

He gave her an antibiotic and niastatin cream for yeast.

She has been having yellow/white on her panties.

But he never said full out that she has UTI....but doesnt white cells in urine mean that...or does yeast show up that way too?

I am sort of confused after listening to the Dr...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My dd is 4 by the way...left that big part out...tired....ugggg..

( OP )
    Anonymous

• That simply means there is an infection... period.
    Anonymous

• White blood cells are simply dead red blood cells. A sign that there is an infection that her body is trying to fight off. She most likely has a UTI, and will need an antibiotic. Is she complaining that it burns when she has to pee? Does she have a fever or the chills? Uremia..blood in her urine? These are all signs of a UTI
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• My daughter has UTI issues it can mean uti, they need to do a culture though, and yes it takes time for the bacteria to grow. It does not always burn when young kids have a UTI! My Also a fever means it is a kidney infection which is what a UTI can lead to! She does not need a fever or burning to have a UTI! I have a ton of experience with UTI's and children. My daughter gets UTI because she has Reflux. Not normal reflux but urinary reflux. Cannot spell actual diagnosis! Any questions shoot me a message!
    Good Luck!

http://www.NaturallySafeHomes.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 11:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2010