just a rant... keeping it anon though

i love my BF's mom.. she called me today adn wished me a happy bday. sucks b/c thats one more person that knows its my bday (only 5 people know- including my 2 parents, 1 older sister).... but then she said that she has a present for me (possibly my first present in almost 10 years). last year, BF was going through a tough fin. time so there wasnt an actual present. and the year before that, i didnt tell him it was my bday.

but i love her! she's amazing! i'm really hoping she doesnt turn into "monster-in-law" lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• sorry- would this be a rave or a rant? i think its supposed to say that this is a rave. lol
    Anonymous

• Horray for you. Happy Birthday!!!

You seem very nice, enjoy the present and time with your mother in law. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Happy Bday! BTW it's ok for people to know when it's your birthday.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My birthday was at the beginning of the month and everyone knew, and the only person to get me a gift was my mother in-law! Not that I expect anything, but she caught me off gaurd. My own parents didnt even call to say happy bday to me! She sounds like a good mother inlae, be happy!
    Anonymous

• ???
    mil in law wishing you happy birthday with a present
    causes you to wonder if she will become a monster

???
    am i the only one confused by this
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i'm working on self-esteem issues. with my family, i havent had a b-day since i was about 7 or 8. and even still, i was blamed for a lot, so i grew up believing that my birth/me being alive was really bad.. my fault of the divorce, my fault my mom got in a really bad accident (10th bday), etc. it just kept going downhill. BF's been trying to "change my mind" about my birthday (that its not bad) and i'm slowly coming around to it.. who knows- maybe next year, i'll actually go out and celebrate it! or at least not deny it when people try to tell me happy bday. lol baby steps.
    Anonymous

• fiatpax: i've read so many stories on here about how when the girl was dating the boy, the boy's mom was amazing and so sweet, etc.. and then as soon as they got married, she turned into a mean/crazy MIL.
    Anonymous

• happy birthdaybut why make her into a monster when she is sounding to me like a very nice person do not make it a self fullfilling prophency and happy birthday to question poster

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2010