How long does a women tend to lose after birth after a vaginal delivery??

Ok so I had a vaginal birth 2 months ago.. i started my period yesterday (2nd since birth) and today i am having major cramping and heavy bleeding. ( a pad every other hour if not sooner). Well i just went to change my pad again.. and i found a huge clot, the size of a half dollar coin.. idk if it was after birth but sure looked like it.. IS THIS NORMAL FOR A 2ND PERIOD?? This is my 2nd pregnancy and i just dont remember my periods back when i had my 1st born.. lol that was 4 yrs ago lol

texas_robin82

Asked by texas_robin82 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• Normal. its clotted blood. My periods were like that for almost the entire 1st year after birth.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I dunno. My periods went back to normal after the birth of my DD but a week after the birth of my son I was back in the ER with heavy vaginal bleeding. Part of the placenta had been left behind and it took a week for my body to start hemorrhaging out like that. really scary. Had to have a D&C. it might be normal but after the experience I already went through I can never be too careful again.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Call your doctor if you're worried. Sounds normal to me.
    Paredes05

Answer by Paredes05 at 10:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2010