Answer if you have babies/ children close together in age please =)

Did your second come earlier?

My doctor said that since I got pregnant with number 2 so soon after DD that I am likely to have him a little early. My daughter was 6 months when we got pregnant again. I am just wondering if this held true for anyone. I am 36.5 weeks now and my doctor said to start preparing for it to be any day now, but obviously he can not make any guarantees, he is just going off of statistics.

BTW my DD was induced at 41 weeks, if that makes a difference =)

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 3:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope didn't make a difference for me both were past 40 weeks
    Anonymous

• My sons are 13.5 months apart. Same thing, got pregnant when first was 6 months. One good thing, the weight came off very easily with the second baby. With a toddler to chase, breast feeding, etc....
    They are 8 and 22 months now and finally play together. Now that the baby is mobile. Some days are harder than others. But my brother and I are a year and 6 days apart and we were the best of friends growing up. It's actually great. But I am not adding a third into the mix until these 2 can talk LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Crap, I didn't even answer your question. They were both born at 35 weeks. So there was no difference.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I went into labor with my first at 37 weeks. When she was 20 months old I had my 2nd at 39 weeks by scheduled c-section. When he was 20 months old, I had my third at 39.5 weeks by scheduled c-section. I showed no signs of labor coming any time soon.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• my first two are 18 months apart, so not as close as yours will be. my second was 8 weeks early. that was from extreme stress though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Mine were close together and I was 3 cm dilated and fully effaced for 3 weeks with #2. He was 2 weeks late. No one knows for sure.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My two sons were barely 17 months apart and I ended up having to be induced with both so that wasent true for me
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I had my kids 11 months apart. the first was born 4 days before her estimated due date and the second was born 7 days before hers so it wasn't to early but the amount of time i was in labor was really short only about 3 hours
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• the 2nd was 3 days early
    a year later the next one was born on her due date
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes. My dd was born on her due date Oct 4, 07 .. had my son July 29th last year, and I just had my baby girl May 15, of this year.

My youngest 2 are shy of 10 months apart. =)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010