HELP! Peptic ulcer!!

ok so ive had an ulce before, now im pregg and feel the SAME exact symptoms....i called my Dr. and he told me to take Prilosec.Well i looked it up on safefetus.com and its classified as a C drug. IDK what to do, what would you do...would yu suck it up and be in pain, and not be able to eat as normal...or would you take the med.??

lhernandez7208

Asked by lhernandez7208 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did your OB tell you to take this? if not, don't... i was on a drug i didn't realize was class c and my OB said that the risks of a class c drug are only worth it if the harm caused by not taking it outweighs the potential harm to the fetus. you would need to check with your OB regarding safety of the following, but I am familiar with a number of people who control their ulcer problems using drink of 1 tablespoon unpasteurized apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey in warm water. many traditional doctors don't buy natural cures, so don't be surprised if they tell you it won't work, but as long as it is not harmful, that's my suggestion.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i have no sphincter on my esophugus, and have to take prilosec and zantac! It is safe during pregnancy! If i did not take it my throat would bleed, and i have had 3 babies that were fine while i was on it, plus i was told it was a B not C! Good luck anyway!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010