How do I get the smell of dog pee out of my carpet?

I have cleaned our carpets twice this week and in one spot it still smells really bad and I am out of ideas on what to do. We just got rid of the dog that kept peeing there and now the other dog we have is peeing there to "mark her spot" and I want to get rid of the smell so she will quit.

kvaneyk

Asked by kvaneyk at 3:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pets

• You can't. Dog piss is impossible to get rid of.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Why do you think they use their pee to mark their territory? Because it doesn't go away.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Baking Soda. Sprinkle it over the carpet and let it set. You can even try baking soda and water .. then vacuum it up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• pee is not impossible to get rid of! Use a deep cleaner, like the bissell heat pro they are abot 200 dollars at walmart, with the pet solutin that goes with it! I clean mine every week but i am a neat freak..lol but i have two dogs and when they were training i never had to deal with it due to my wonderful carpet cleaner!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I personally have always used the enzyme cleaners and my carpet shampooer. However they usually only lasted so long. My friend tried this product because her rottie was horrible at marking his spot all over the house. She said this one worked really well and you don't need a deep cleaner for it. They have a guarentee as well.

http://www.planeturine.com/productpages/dsp_urineout.cfm?secondNav=prods
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 2:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OdorMute.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I use Out! in my carpet cleaner & pre-treat the spot. It's available at Walmart in the pet aisle.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 18, 2010