if you use rollers often to curl your hair

this question is aimed more for those who do this almost daily!
if you do this practically daily, is your hair damaged from the constant stylish products, washing the hair to rinse them off, them wearing the rollers? I love foam rollers and would love to pull off this look more often, but I dont want too traumatize my hair with the mousse, then rolling up my hair overnight, then washing it off at the end of the day, then doing it all over again.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to use a blow dryer and a curling iron on my hair every day. Now that I am a SAHM I don't have to....but any kind of styling every day is hard on it. I would think putting curlers in over night like that would be really hard on it, if it was an every day thing. Can you just get a perm?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes, it will damage your hair. I have very curly hair and if I use a straightening iron, it just looks like I've been elctrocuted, so I used to smoothe out my hair with hot rollers. It worked great, but fried my ends. I had to get the very ends trimmed every 4 weeks to keep it healthy. I also did conditioning treatments every 6 weeks. Now with 3 kids, I just wear it curly. I get my hair cut every 4 months or so because my ends don't split any more.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I shower, blow dry my hair till its damp, roll my hair in regular (not heated) rollers, leave it in for two hours while I do things around the house then my makeup... blowdry for 5 minutes then take them out.. set with hairspray and off I go! Sure it's not the best thing for your hair but it's as bad as blow drying your hair daily... use hot oil treatment once a week and you will be fine
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 4:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010