Halo sleep sack = overheating?

Does anyone else find that their baby overheats when wearing a microfleece Halo sleep sack? I was disappointed to find that my baby would be sweaty, damp and that the fabric didn't absorb any of it if she got too hot at night. Interested to know if anyone else has found the same thing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband bought one when I was pregnant the first time. And we lived in Alabama at the time...poor guy. I didn't even use it for that reason.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• they make cotton versions
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i used the microfleece sleep sacks in the winter but now i'm using the cotton one. my little one needs something to tough when sleeping. he goes to bed in a pj shirt and diaper and cotton sleep sack. it's 75 in the house and he doesn't overheat at all.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• They don't overheat in the cotton ones.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My baby would overheat in the microfleece as well!!! I thought I was the only one because everyone raves about how great they are but we didn't have much success. I had the problem when my youngest son would wear his fleece Halo at night. It seemed as though the microfleece wasn't able to breathe when my son would get hot. After a couple of weeks of this, I ended up purchasing one sleepsack made of cotton and another made of merino wool and haven't had the problem since. Do some research on the benefits of dressing your little one in natural fabrics and you won't want to use polyester again! If you're still wanting to try sleep sacks, take a look at a merino one. It's the only fabric that can naturally regulate your baby's body temperature. They do tend to be more expensive than polyester but your child will sleep more comfortably at night when he/she wears one, guaranteed!

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 4:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• We use the cotton Halo sleepsacks in the warmer months and the fleece only in the cooler months, and layer underneath accordingly. Just like adults, if you wear to many layers or too thick of a fabric, you'll overheat. The cotton ones are perfect for the warmer months! You could also add a fan in LOs room, not only to help keep the temp down, but the circulating air helps reduce the risk of SIDS. And make sure the house temp is set at the recommended 68-72 degrees to help with the risk of over heating.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 5:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Unless it is winter. yes. my baby sleeps naked this time of year.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree with the pp'er, those sleep sacks are fantastic. DS is a big pee'er and leaks through his night time diaper quite often. When I dress him in the merino sleep sack it moves the moisture off his body and through to the other side of fabric. I don't know how it does it, but it's awesome. I also noticed that he sleeps longer and doesn't get hot or sweaty when he wears it.
    The cotton Halo we have is just OK. I'm not that impressed by it.
    DecemberMomma33

Answer by DecemberMomma33 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010