Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

base on how he says it.. will it happen?

my son's father has only seen his son 2 weeks and 3 days in the whole 9 months, every time we talk and i say he can see his son, but he'll have to come over to MY house since i don't have a ride and when there's a car around, i don't have enough gas to go out of town [no money] he gets all 'pissed' off and says he'll take me to court and will take my son and if it doesn't work he'll kidnap him [that part he says when i told him he can't see his son anymore due to bringing an unprotected hunting knife and drugs under the roof where his son is.
and now that we're going to court for child support he says it again. but this time.. do you think he'll actually do it since i'm doing something against what he likes? because he does NOT want to pay child support, but public assistance has told me to go since i couldn't make up my hours and have no money


Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Go to court, with a lawyer. Have it read to the record that he makes threats against you and your son. Most men blow smoke only a few actually are stupid enough to follow through with that. It is all about him thinking you are dumb and weak and that you will let him intimidate you...which is working because he has you worried. Don't worry, you will be fine.

    Answer by salexander at 11:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

  • well, child support and custody are two seperate cases in the eyes of the court

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

  • It's not your responsibility to take His son to Him...he should be coming to visit. Good luck with that situation.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

  • go to court, get a child suport order, tell them he has a drug history, and that he threatened to kid nap him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

  • op here i have been trying to find a job to have some money come in and public assistance knows it too.. i have told dcf i want child support if i cannot get a job or have no money in the time being and it has came down to a point i cannot find a job no matter how hard i try [i do put an application everywhere everyday and pray they call but no one's called] and i have no money, my family has been helping me out since i gave birth to my son

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

  • I would record him telling you he is going to kidnap your son and take it to the child support hearing and maybe file for a protection from abuse order too. Custody is a completely separate issue in the eyes of the court and he will find that out soon enough if you have filed for child support.

    Answer by aeneva at 7:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

  • op here.. i have called the police on that.. he sent it in an email and i saved it of course.. and their response was, it's freedom of speech until he acts on it.. until then, there's nothing we can do, there's no need to a protection order or anything..
    made me pissed off that they're not willing to help me protect my own child.. i guess it is what it is ;[

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2010