What sleep sack is best for my baby?

I know there are lots of brands out there, but I need to know the best one I should buy for my baby. Price is important, but I'd also like to make sure he can sleep longer at night and comfortably.
Please help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aden and anais !!!!!!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I use the Halo brand. At Babies R Us they are usually 19.99 for one, but they have packages of 2 for $30. you can use the 20% off coupons on them as well.
    kh717

Answer by kh717 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I was given a Halo and found that my baby would wake clammy and hot if I couldn't get the room temperature right, which is difficult in our old house. There are fabrics that have better wickability than polyester (which the Halo is made out of), and I found the polyester sleep sacks caused DS to get hot and damp, preventing him from sleeping through the night comfortably.

If you're looking for suggestions, I use a merino sleep sack and it's fantastic. A little more expensive, but able to regulate body temperature which poly and cotton can't do. A little more expensive, but able to regulate body temperature which poly and cotton can't do. Also, make sure you buy a brand that your little one can wear for a while and you won't have to be upsizing and spending $$$ every few months. We bought ours here but I bet you can get them on Amazon too.

Hope that hel

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 4:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• We use Halo sleepsacks, and LOVE them! We use cotton ones in the warmer months and fleece in the cooler months and haven't had a problem with overheating. I love that the Halo ones have an inverted zipper - safer and super convenient for middle of the night changes. Not only is it the brand used in hospitals, but they carry seals of approval from leading SIDS organizations.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 5:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Stay away from polyester! My daughter would rash up when she would wear the microfleece sleep sacks and get too hot at night because of the coating they put on them.
    Natural fabrics are best, and I have both cotton and merino ones which are really good. Merino is the only fabric which can actually regulate body temperature so invest in one of those. Some can actually be worn for 2 years which is longer than the polyester/microfleece ones. I got free shipping because I got mine on Amazon here.
    Anonymous