Why isn't music really about music anymore? It's all about knowing the right people.

I listen to these new pop artists and it's all just special effects and studio recordings that make them sound semi decent. Some of these artists don't even sing well they just have a famous relative. If you've ever seen Just Friends and hear that girls song...."Forgiveness is more than saying sorry. To forgive is divine, so let's have a glass of wine and have make-up sex till the end of time." Songs these days are really that bad! Some of them! Heck, why am I not famous?? I can sing better than some of these big name "artists".

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 4:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• This is my theory. Record companies are not making a lot of money off musicians anymore because of the internet. People don't buy albums anymore and you can get cheap or even free music anywhere on the internet so record companies cannot take chances with "different" or "creative" musicians. The record companies have to rely on catchy and poppy, in my opinion generic musicians. That is just what I think, but hey I might just be getting old and can't understand today's music.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• music is just horrible these days!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 4:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010