what kind of baggage did you have going into your marriage? what did your dh have?

I had one child from a previous relationship and my credit was ruined.

he didnt really have much that i considered baggage...just his cats =)

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i was prego and he was married to a biotch from hell that we cant stand...but now we r married it was her loss not his lol
    Anonymous

• I had 1 child from a previous relationship ( thank god x is pretty much non-existant) My husband has 3 other children and an x wife
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Me - Horrible credit, an ex husband, a 4 yr old from an ex boyfriend and a fish...
    Him - History of drug use, met him fresh out of rehab, no money, no career and still in college...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• me: ex husband and one child plus a whole lot of emotional trauma and desperately needing a pyscologist to sort through what the ex did
    him: an ex wife and her crazy NEW wife!
    Anonymous

• Um...parents that couldn't stand us getting married. (on both sides) other than that nothing. He was 18 and I was 19 so we didn't have much baggage. :)

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have a child from a previous marriage. He practically had NO baggage at all. He was 35 when we met, he had never been married or had any children. In fact, before me, he swore up & down that he would never marry, or have kids...well....we're now married, but I'm OK with the no kids thing. My one DD is awesome, i don't need anymore kids.

The only "baggage" he has is that ONE ex girlfriend who just has to be friends forever with him, she even told him that she was upset about us getting married...bitch...lol! But, i am learning to deal with her. She is just pissed that he never would have thought to marry her, yet he married me. HAHA!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I was still married when we met. I'd been separated for almost 2 years but the divorce wasn't final yet. Actually we got married 9 days after my divorce was final! I also had 2 kids, and terrible credit plus bills out the wahoo from my marriage/divorce.
    He, on the other hand, had a great job, nice house, awesome credit, no kids or crazy exes, and a wonderful family. I got so very lucky, and he, well he got us!
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 4:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I didn't have any baggage.  My dh was recovering from another relationship but he got over that pretty fast when he met me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Husband's ex has and is taking him to the cleaners. He has to pay her $8,000 per month for life - and she was the one who had the affair and dumped him. She never worked in the 25 years they were married. She's a greedy slimeball. When he discovered the affair, she asked him if they could just stay married and she'd have her boyfriend on the side.... well essentially, that's what she got. She'll be financially married to my husband for life. Pffft.... california divorce law really sucks!!!
    Anonymous

• We were young. i was 18 and he was 22. The only "baggage" we had was that we both came from homes with divorced parents. Nothing serious.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010