what should i do?

My husband and I have two kids together and they both are girls and i am really wanting to try for a boy but my husband doesn't want to try again because he doesn't want to risk having another girl. I have a IUD in and I was honestly thinking about going to the doctor and having it taken out without him knowing but I don't know what to do. My husband won't even talk about it. What should I do? Anyone with any advice?

armywife698959

Asked by armywife698959 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you need to tell DH how important this is to you. If he loves you, he'll hear you out and you shouldn't feel guilty for telling him THAT either.

We had three boys in three years. Four pregnancy, the very next year (lol), was our girl. I was the one who was scared to death to keep trying.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 4:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Oh no...thats a bad idea! You have to have two people WILLING AND CONSENTING to have a child in the best circumstance!

Chances are if you did this, he would eventually find out and then it could destroy your marriage!

NO WAY!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think the absolute hands down most despicable thing any woman can do is trick a man into getting her pregnant. It's dishonest and vile. How would you like it if he snuck out and got a vasectomy without telling you? You do not have the right to remove your IUD without informing your husband. Having another child is a decision you make as a couple.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have decided I am not going to go behind his back and have it taken out I am just wanting to know how do i convince my husband to try for a boy???????????????
    armywife698959

Answer by armywife698959 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You can't. Either people want more children or they don't. That's that. My best friend's husband wants a third child and she doesn't. End of story. My husband wants a 4th and I don't. End of story.

Learn to be happy being a mother to your 2 children and maybe some day down the road he'll change his mind, but probably not.

He won't talk about it because to him the issue is closed. He gave his answer. It's no more kids.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• why would you lie and decieve your own husband like that??? if you do it could very possible ruin your marriage. having another child is not "no big deal", it's a huge decision that you need to make together.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010