What should I say to my husband when he says these things?

I'm pregnant and due in 2 weeks. When I complain about not being able to breathe (because I get to feeling like I'll pass out) he tells me "fat people can't breathe either". because he's fat... when I say Its too hot outside for me right now.. he says "it feels just as hot to fat people as pregnant people". I'm really sick of it. He thinks because he's overweight that he's just as misserable as I am and has every right to complain. He got himself fat.. AND he got me pregnant (oooo i can't wear a condom waaah) UHG! I'm aggrivated. He also says when I say "ouch!" and he sees me trying to shove her foot back in because she pushes them out so far " She's not that strong, I don't see how that hurts"...... What do I say to these comments? by the way. I'm not a troll, but my husband obviously is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• ask him "Is this the 'who's more miserable' game? Because it seems as if you think you know exactly how miserable it is to be 38 weeks preggo just because you're fat. You could have solved your fat problem, i could not solve my pregnant problem so easily. Quit tryin to one up my miserableness, or i will make you REALLY be miserable!"

This is what came off the top of my head when i put myself in your shoes....LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He sounds like a one-upper. My Dh does that too, its annoying. If I say I feel bad, he has to feel worse ect...
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would tell him if he is that miserable being fat then he needs to do something about it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I did say that Shay, lol.. He said its going to be a hell of a lot easier for me to have a baby then for him to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say anything. They are only statements, not questions so they don't require a response.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Oh, maybe his fatness is the only way he knows how to relate to your pregnancy ..lol!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Pregnant, if my husband had said those things, I might've done something to hurt him. lol I'd tell him how his comments makke you feel. He's not pregnant. He's just fat. Big difference. As for baby not being that strong, DS1 was more than 9lbs and used to kick straight up. I swear that boy knocked the wind out of me a couple times at the end.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 4:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Maybe he's just trying to empathize with you. He wants to join the pity party. Anyway...Im not trying to be rude I know how it is being preggo! It sucks!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I don't think its fair for him to do that. Unfortunately he isn't comfortable and he got him in that situation. I think you should be allowed to temporarily whine as much as he does while your pregnant and i don't think he should treat you like that or say those things. It sounds like he is a negative person looking for more attention then anyone else. Plus how would he know if it hurts? Has he ever had his organs or insides kicked by anything no matter how big? people get kidney stones which are like small stones and they can barely move with pain. this is an entire human! I am sorry and I hope it gets better. I would ignore him or tell him be quiet. i think he is just wanting attention.
    Anonymous

• i think you need to tell him to shut the f up, go on a diet and loose weight. your making a baby and he will never understand how hard that is.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010