What age do you start pull ups?

Can you use them at night?

mommyerin02

Asked by mommyerin02 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pull ups are glorified diapers. go to think undies and rubber pants when the child is showing a interest in potty training. we started potty training in diapers and now that she is about 85 percent we have switched to undies.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I didn't. They really didn't seem to help potty train. They feel just like a diaper but you get less and they cost more. Until my kids were potty trained during the night, I just used diapers.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I ONLY used them at night. I dont have carpets, so it was easy for me to quit diapers "cold turkey"
    Anonymous

• Our ped told us with our first to put him in underwear and don't look back. He was accident free within 1-2 weeks. It's worked with ds2 and ds3 and we're working with dd now. :) Pull ups are just fancy diapers. There's no real consequence to wetting one. Mommy just changes you like you have a diaper on. Now peeing in your underwear? It's almost comical when dd realizes she's standing in a puddle. She makes that naughty "Oooooooo" and I'll ask her "What did you do?"
    Anonymous

• Never used them. Went straight to underwear at 2.5 and he was trained day and night in 4 days. Pull-ups are diapers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• We ended up not using them and then the potty training went a lot better. She always went in the pull-ups. It was too much like a diaper and it was like giving her permission to poop and pee her pants. But some kids seem to do well with them.
    Anonymous

• not using them...dd decided today that she was ready to use the potty (this was after she stayed at her memaw/pepaw's house and peed AND pooped for her 8 yo aunt..they said she'd come and tell auntie when she needed to go, and every time she'd go!....of course she doesn't do this with me lol).....so far,three times on the potty and two accidents....and that's all she's gone today...hoorraayy!!! lol...we tried pull ups at one point, mainly for time that we would go out, but they gave dd a horrible rash....so we're avoiding going anywhere for a while.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• oh..dd turned 2 on the 2nd
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I only use them at night. My daughter was potty trained at 22 mths and I went straight from diapers to panties and only pull ups at night.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My kids started training at 18 months and were both day trained around 24 months old and night trained shortly after. I used pull ups only at night and when we went out and I knew they would be in the car for a long drive. Undies and rubber pants if needed at daycare.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010