Do you ever feel self conscious around your dh?

I know my dh finds me beautiful. He tells me all the time how pretty I am and everything else. Sometimes I still feel really self conscious around him in different clothes, or when we are making love. I prefer to do it in the dark, or with my shirt left on. I don't have a terrible body, but I have lots of stretch marks, and flab left over after having 3 kids. Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yea i do sometimes and he insists that we turn the light on. LOL. He wants to look at you, you need be okay with that. He knows you had a baby. I'm sure you look great and im sure he's not even looking at your stretch marks. My DH told me he's definately not looking at my belly when we are having sex.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• You are so lucky that he tells you that you are pretty!!! Mine never says that to me and it hurts a lot. I too have to have the light off.
    Anonymous

• Sometime I do...my boobs don't look like they did before I had my son. But my husband tries his best to make me feel beautiful and that helps! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Nope, I only feel that way when he has asked me to do something with which I'm unfamiliar on how to do. This is silly but making baked potatos in the microwave...I'm not real sure how to do this and there's not a button on it for them so it worries me that I'll over-cook them and he will laugh. He's the cook, I hate too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• yeah. i especially hate the way my boobs look now after having my son and it makes me really uncomfortable. if were in a certain position and they get saggy i wont let him touch them and i plan on getting a boob job. lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Never about my body. He always looks at me like he wants to devour me so it's hard to feel insecure about my body even though it doesn't look anything like I want it to look like.
    Anonymous

• dh tells me i'm beautiful just about every day. he says he loves my stretch marks and my "mooshy belly" because they are from me giving him his dd. he loves to rub on my fat thighs. and smack my big booty. i hate it. hate it. hate it. but it's just me being self concious. i really believe he loves everything about me.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Anon 56, that's so sad. I'm sorry for you. I can't imagine how bad that would make me feel.

jademom, that is almost the funniest thing I've heard. When we first got together I was so nervous about cooking for him, but he was a bachelor for a long time so everything I cooked was amazing in his opinon!
    Quentinsmamma

Answer by Quentinsmamma at 5:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• no not really, i have been a large woman all my life and after 4 years of seeing my double stomach and chins, theres nothing else to be ashamed of lol. but i can see how that could be a problem if you havent always been that way and arent used to it yourself! just flaunt what you got, its how you flaunt it that will attract him to you, even a chick with a hot body wont get attention if she is self conscious and awkward with her body
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes i do. Part of the issue is he doesn't tell me anything nice and even being together has to be my idea and start it or we don't do it at all. I think if he is telling you how beautiful you are you should believe it cause he made the effort to tell you and to just try to do it anyway even if your scared. I think it will get easier the more you make yourself do it. =) I think all women are self conscience about something. you aren't alone.
    Anonymous