What nostalgic things do you remember from your childhood?

I was in a store today and saw a bin of Atomic Fireballs . . . I have not seen those in years. It brought back a lot of good memories of biking a mile to a local country store with money tucked in my shoes to buy a bag full of candy. I had to laugh because I remember paying much less than $0.30 for one fireball. It made me smile :)

KendraR

Asked by KendraR at 5:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ohh yeah! i remember fireballs!!! and jawbreakers! and warheads!! remember warheads??
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• The Ice Cream man coming by and me and my brother getting the ice cream with the bubble gum ball at the bottom. 2 treats in one lol!

Anonymous

• I loved Fireballs does anyone remember Chick-O-Sticks?

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 5:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Remember Bonkers the gum with the jokes inside : )
    Anonymous

• I love Chick-O-Sticks!!! I use to love whe the ice cream and would come and I would always buy a torpedo pop and I use to double dutching all day.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Razzles,Pop Rocks,Nik-l-Nips

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• pop rocks, the big jolly ranchers that I could get get for .10, warheads, those gumballs that colored your mouth and if you bought by the bulk they came in a paint can. i miss those kinds of candy!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 5:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• OMG....so many candies! I think my faves were the wax bottles with juice in them.

I grew up in Kittery, Maine, and on Route 1 a store was built that sold nothing but old-fashioned candies.  They are still there today and have a website that you just have to check out! I can't wait to go back "home" so I can stop in their store again....I love all the treasures there.  

Here's their website:

http://www.yummies.com/index.htm  

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Warheads...hellll yeah!!!! Oh and baby bottle pops oh man and ring pops!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I am a child of the late late 70's and early 80's. I remember those wax bottles with liquid in them too lol. I remember Dip Stix with candy powder and the chalky stick to dip in it. I remember you could get a Resees PB Cup for a quarter...that was big money for candy. I remember pop rocks, click clacks, and seeing Grease at the theatre a million times. Life was good
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010