How many moms have used Benadryl to get your child to sleep through the night?

I never have but it has been suggested to me a few times. I am curious as to how many have done it and why.

No judgement, we are all moms and in this together!

PotterMom218

Asked by PotterMom218 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would never do it, thought about it but never did, I too have been told this many times when my kids were small. I just think it is wrong to use artificial methods for something that should come naturally.

Answer by older at 5:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Um, No mine are in their twenties, and I would never have dreamed of such a thing. Any mother that does that needs to be reported. Sorry... that's just plain drugging your child.

Anonymous

• Benadryl? That's a bit much for a kid. Why not just rock them to sleep and read to them.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I did. i see no problem with it if its occasional. its not like you're getting them drunk or something!
    Anonymous

• Never!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• God no, I use it sometimes to sleep myself and I feel bad enough about doing that! It's def. not good for you.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No way.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Not me.
    I only used Benadryl when they had an allergic reaction to something and even then I was afraid to give it unless all home remedies didn't work first (oatmeal baths, calamine lotion, etc.).
    I can't imagine drugging up a child just so the parent can relax...how sad.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I see it as drugging my child as well. What really got me was the mom telling me to was IN RECOVERY (as in AA or NA) so i was shocked she would do that to her child.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• THAT IS WRONG !! I'M JUDGING YOUR FRIENDS HAVE NO CLUE WHAT GOOD PARENTING IS. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP THESE POOR CHILDREN.
    Anonymous