Why go through all the trouble...

If all God is going to do is either keep us or dispose of us at the end of our lives? Why doesn't he just make us the way he wants us so he doesn't have to waste his time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think that's the way its going to be. In fact no one really knows what its going to be like. Most religions believe that there is only one way to get to heaven and its their way. Well I think that a load of crap. I believe that we are here to live laugh and learn. Its about being a good person. In the end I believe that we are all going to a good place. I believe God is unconditional love and to unconditionally love is accepting all.

Anonymous

• Yahweh loves everyone and wants everyone to be a part of his promise of a better and restored world. He knows we are victims of his enemy and that is why he gave us his word and his prophets.Not to mention his son. Why would he bother? Because we all matter to him. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I say just live your life. Why stress? I think too many people stress over the afterlife we forget about the now
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I've always wondered this myself... Have yet to get a decent answer... Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think the personal growth, the lessons we learn, and the cultivation we do in our lives is the point. If he made us perfect there would be no point in any of it. Its all about striving towards our inner potential, IMO...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• because Satan raised a question, How did God know man could rule themselves just as good without God, so God has allowed enough time for man to try to successfully rule over themselves so that this question can not be brought up again, it's like a touchstone there's a stone called Lydian that was used to test Gold, When a coin is rubbed on this smooth, slightly abrasive stone, it makes a mark. When the color of the mark is compared with the color of marks made by sample needles of known gold content, the proportion of gold in the coin is revealed. It was this discovery, the touchstone test, that made reliable coinage possible. How does knowing about touchstones help us to understand the Bible?
    CONT.....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• For example, in English, “touchstone” means “a test or criterion for determining the quality or genuineness of a thing.” Satan’s eternal destruction suggests that his judgment will serve as an everlasting touchstone that could be used should any rebellion ever arise against Jehovah in the future. Never again will a challenge to Jehovah’s rulership need to be tested for an extended time to prove the challenger wrong.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

Yeah but at the same time what is the point of doing all that if in the end he sends us to hell?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yeah but at the same time what is the point of doing all that if in the end he sends us to hell?

( I don't believe in hell, *wink* )
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Making us "the way He wants us", as you say, would mean leaving free will out of it. He created us so that we could experience good and bad, capable of doing both good and bad so that we could make our own decisions and learn for ourselves. He doesn't send us to hell. We are able to choose whether or not we want to be in his presence in eternity by whether or not we seek Him and His kingdom while we are here. People just don't realize that in not making a choice, they are making a choice.

I don't see how not having a choice in the matter would save him time. Time is an earthly concept not a heavenly one. So is physical pain and hardship. I agree with GinNTonic. It's about growing and learning but mostly loving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010