Do you think my 21 month old twins could wear this years summer clothes next year?

They are currently wearing size 12-24 months in tops depending on how its made and 18 months in bottoms but those are on the bigger side.

I've read in one of my toddler books that kids typically gain 3-7 pounds during their second year of life. Since I bought bigger shorts and some 24 month tops I think they might work and I'll just add to what they have and not have to buy a whole new wardrobe from them. Also, my guys are on the shorter side so I don't have to worry about their shorts being too short next summer.

mommyerin02

Asked by mommyerin02 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be,. I know my son last year when he was 18 months could wear his 6 month shorts from the year before because he was/is tall and thin -he's 2-1/2 and can fit in 12-18 month shorts this year :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would not because you never know what they will grow like. Then you will have bought cloths that they can never wear.
    Anonymous

• I dont think so. My daughter last summer wore a 18-24 mth and this summer she wears a 3T. She went thru a major growth spurt and has been ina 3T since December.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would buy them 3t tops now. They'll fit. That way you'll be sure to get 2 years out of them. I always do that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010