Should I speak up ?

There is a woman in our town whose husband died in a car accident ( she was also in it but lived) because of the circumstances the town ( not sure if it is the mayor or who) is paying her a settlement basically so she cant take them to court and sue for more money later. Now I KNOW that she was planning on leaving her husband because she was talking to my best guy friend on the net ( I seen alot of their messages) and she said things like she wasnt happy and when the kids were older she wanted to leave the marriage, and she even told him he was good looking and stuff, I bet she was trying to start an affair. I know some of the "top" people in town and i was thinking I should tell them about this so they can get the truth and not have to pay her that money, my guy friend says not too but I really think he must care about her, which makes me think I should say something even more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't really see how it's your place to say something. I'd just leave it alone. Not trying to sound mean, but that's my opinion.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• OP HERE

Because she obviously wasnt a good wife to him and now she is acting all upset over this, but yet planned on leaving...and now is going to get tons of my tax money !!
    Anonymous

• Its not your tax money,its insurance money.Cities/towns pay insurance too,just like you in case something happens.
    Anonymous

• Planning or thinking of leaving and actually leaving are two diffrent things. Even if she did leave before the accident she would probably still be upset over his death, and she would be entitled to money any way for the children. So why drag a widow through the mud?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Could it not be that she was having thoughts about leaving him, but truly loved him? That she had hit some sort of mid-life crisis and was acting out of frustration?

This is non of your buisness and would cause great harm to not only the woman but her innocent child as well who lost their father who was providing a life for them when he died.

I think it is very cruel and petty that you would even care and be so much in everyone elses buisness.

Please do yourself a favor and stop meddling in other ppl's lives and focus on your own.

Jesh! people these days.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• OP HERE

Uh no she wasnt going through a mid-life crisis ... she is only 21 or 22 .

She always complained about how he was mean to her but now she is crying around and saying that she misses her best friend and everything... it makes me sick and I think it is disrespectful to people who have actually lost their LOVED ONES.
    Anonymous

• No matter how unhappy she was in her marriage, that does not mean she isn't upset about losing her husband. However, I don't understand why the town is paying her. What caused the accident? There is a missing piece to this story, OP, and if you don't have it the stfu and mind your damn business.
    Anonymous

• what alana said. It's NONE of YOUR BUSINESS.
    and leaving someone and them dying are not the same thing. When you talk about leaving someone there's always the chance to go back if it turns out that you were wrong about how you felt or at least you know they are still in the world. When someone dies that's it its over no more chances no more moments.
    And even if she's faking its still NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS (and wouldn't make a diff legally in the settlement anyways)...
    Karma is a bitch.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• So because she was thinking of leaving her husband she should be punished? There is a big chunk of this story missing. She was in the accident as well and she did lose her husband even if she said after her kids got older she would leave. What does that have to do with the accident that did happen? This question reminds of that movie Minority Report busted for thinking about doing something not really doing it.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Just becasue she was thinking of leaving, does NOT mean she shouldn't get a settlement from his tragic death to care for her and her (and HIS) children because he obviously can't work/provide income any longer.
    You don't know if she was unhappy, but this loss has shown her how tragic this event has been for her and her children not to mention how maybe she truly loved him after all. A lot of times, you have NO idea how much you love someone until it is too late.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010