Wanna know how I avoided my c-section?

You may remember last week, I was concerned that my OB wanted to give me a c-section solely b/c an ultrasound showed my baby was measuring big--8lbs13oz. She wanted to perform it Wednesday this week. Even though I tried to convince her not to and told her that I've delivered bigger vaginally before, she was set on doing the section. So I decided to try to go into labor before then and hope once I arrived at the hospital it would be too late. It happened to work. My water broke 4am Monday morning and I delivered 8:15am without meds because I was 10cm dilated 1 hour after getting to the hospital. Also, the baby weighed 8lbs15oz. My doctor arrived about 15minutes after baby was born obviously a little annoyed but still congratulated me. She said it was good baby was born before it grew too big. I'm back home already. Seems like all is well for me. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and help.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOVE IT, Keisha!!! I'm so glad everything went well for you! Thanks for the update. Enjoy your babymoon!!!
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 8:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• so you did all the laboring at home?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think just plain refusing should have worked, since she is working for YOU as your doctor. But I am glad that everything worked out great and to your liking. And wow you bounce back quick huh? lol

Congrats!

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I labored as much as I could at home. I didn't go to the hospital until the pain was simply UNBEARABLE. By then it was too late for me to even get pain meds. So I had to go natural.

Considering I felt 1000 times better the minute after she was born, I'll say I did bounce back quick. I mean, I felt like I could have went home the same day.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Congrats!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• thats good that you didnt have any problems. I'm glad i was at the hospital with my son though. I wouldnt have stayed at home. I was very comfortable that they were able to monitor his heart rate. If i wasnt their then i wouldnt have known my cord was choking him and they wouldnt have been able to do an emergency csection. I would only blame myself if i stayed at home and labored and then got to the hospital and something bad happend
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I told you you could do it mama. Congrats :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• lol- I was walking through the grocery store 10 hours after the birth of my 3rd one. He was a waterbaby, and I felt great after he was born, was wearing jeans a week later! Took mt 3 months to wear jeans again after my first.

I am so glad that it went well for you! Congrats (and see, no meds isn't that bad after all, is it LOL)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Congratulations! Using good judgment where it counted makes a huge difference in the recovery time too!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• (and see, no meds isn't that bad after all, is it LOL)

That's a big LOL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2010