Father and brother plead guilty to killing girl for not wearing her hijab.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/823705--father-and-son-plead-guilty-to-murdering-aqsa-parvez?bn=1

In a chilling police interview on the day of Aqsa's murder, her distraught mother, crying and talking out loud to herself, was recorded as saying she thought her husband was only going to “break legs and arms,” but instead “killed her.”

“Oh God, Oh God. . . Oh my Aqsa, you should have listened,” Anwar Jan said out loud in a police interview room. “Everyone tried to make you understand. Everyone begged you, but you did not listen. . .”

She earlier told police in her interview that she advised her husband to let their daughter go, not to kill her.

When she asked him why he killed her, he told her: “This is my insult. My community will say you have not been able to control your daughter. This is my insult. She is making me naked.”

Does the rise in honor killings in North America concern you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Whats a hijab?
    Anonymous

• A hijab is a muslim headcovering.
    Anonymous

• Ohhh! ok gatcha! Thats crazy!
    Anonymous

• The increase in honour killings very much concerns me, considering there are a few cases going on right now in Ontario (where this poor girl was also murdered). However, while this family of this girl is Muslim it isn't (IMO) a Muslim thing, so much as a Cultural thing. I know at least one other murder where a man killed his daughter in law and they are Sikhs.
    Anonymous

• Ya its "crazy" No its rather sad,women and children in other countries suffering because there is no government,the men run them! forcing them to become prostitutes,work long hours in the hot sun along with their baby children,raped and then forced to carry a baby with hiv,so once its born,it can die? this world is too sick for me,poor innocent girl,killed because of the belief that women are not worthy enough to wear clothes that show their faces and skin.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Disgusting.
    Anonymous

• I think it is horrible and I find it unbelievable the Mom was BLAMING the daughter...................and some expect us to believe it is a religion of peace!!! Yeah right.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• mommy16love::

This was probably done here in the U.S. or Canada. Honor killings happen in the U.S. and the people that do it think they should be let off because that is their "culture/religion." It needs to be clear in CIVILIZED countries that is not allowed and they WILL go to jail. It is disgusting. Their "culture/religion" calls for abuse and it needs to stop. All the minor children in this home and possibly the homes of relatives need to be removed to be PROTECTED from their psycho parents.

Anonymous

• Not the first time it's happened & won't be the last. This is what this religion is all about!! Pride, hate, murder! & how many of you voted for a president that supports & believes in this religion!! Wise up America!!!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Tragic.
    Anonymous