Do you allow your DH/ SO/ DF / to control what you do while he/she/they are at work?

For instance. My old man tells me what time he will be home for dinner and EXPECT dinner to be served when he walks in the door.

doodlebug814

Asked by doodlebug814 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Uhh...NO! This isn't 1952!! LOL I will however, cook dinner or help my husband out with something if he ASKS me! Bigdifference between asking and demnading/expecting!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No he makes dinner because I told him if he did not like my cooking he should do it then and he does.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• my DH doesn't control anything I do. . . we have mutual agreements and compromise, but I am not an object and he knows this and vice versa. . . I don't control him. . . If I want to do something generally I do it. . . if I want a late supper that is what we do unless he has chosen to cook for us. . . unless you like being a slave . . . why let yourself be controlled like that?
    Anonymous

• Well yeah but it's because he expects sex when he walks in the door. I don't have a problem with it so I let him control that part all he wants! We're getting old and we can't do all that we want as often as we want it to be but we still do what we can and have fun! Woo Hoo!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm at work when he is and if he demanded dinner at a certain time I'd laugh in his face and plop my ass on the couch!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• no he does not control anything i do he tried but i told him that he would be out on the street cuz the lease on our house and everything is in my name and i dont NEED him.....and he hasnt tried since
    Anonymous

• yeah i do. if he works all day and i stay home why wouldn't i do it. but i guess that's just me. i love him that's why i do it.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• nope,I'm a free person! I have supper ready out of respect,not demand

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• 7:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 by: Anonymous

O.P. here - Why hide who you are if you aren't controled?
    doodlebug814

Answer by doodlebug814 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 by: Anonymous

O.P here - Why hide yourself. Scared others may tell different of you?
    doodlebug814

Answer by doodlebug814 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2010