should i try to fix my relationship with my daughters dad??

i was dating the father of my daughter for 3 years and havent been totally happy with him for the past year but have been trying to make it work cuz i want her to have him in her life and he wants to make it work but im not happy and dont think we are getting anywhere by trying to fix the problems. i want to see other people but dont want to hurt his feelings....what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• If you're not happy being with the father of your child, then I think the least you can/should do, is be honest with him, and try and establish a civil relationship, thereby allowing your daughter to have him in her life. You CAN make it work, if you are both committed to your daughter's needs/wants.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm married for a second time.what I have learned is that there will always be things that we will never agree on.But we have gotten to the point that we don't have to prove to each other how I am right and he is wrong.We agreed to disagree.But that took time to get to this point.
    Just be nice to him even if it kills you for your daughter's sake.The two of you may not meant to be a romantic couple.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I am nice to him i listen to him and his point of view i just dont want to be in a romantic relationship with him....i dont want to take him away from our daughter im just not sure if he will stick around if im not with him......and i am not sure if i will ever want to be in a relationship with him its just hard for me to figure out because i love him but im not in love with him anymore and i dont know how to tell him that with out him freaking out and threatening to kill himself and a bunch of other stupid shit.....and it frustrates me....sorry about the language...
    Anonymous

• You can have him in her life without being with him. Don't commit yourself to anyone you are not happy with.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Life is short, he can be in her life and not in your bed. Move on. You don't have to be cruel to him, but move on.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010