Do you understand this?

My husband is pissed at me because I said "thats healthy" about him leaving chicken slime all over the kitchen table. He says all I ever do is bitch about everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe he thinks you focus only on the things he does wrong instead of the remembering things he does right.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Sarcasm is my middle name! I talk like this too. My hubby knows how i am,he's cool with it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• He didn't have to say it that way (very rude and disrespectful), but at the same time you may really be a nag. Not trying to be mean, tough love hun.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 8:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't be such a nag if he didn't always give me something to nag about. What kind of a grown man needs to be told not to do shit like that with a 2 year old in the house?
    Anonymous

• I agree that it's totally unhealthy and gross for chicken slime to be all over the counter.

Is it possible that you make little comments like that a lot and maybe don't realize you do? I'm guilty of it for sure.
    It's possible that if these little comments(that seem like no big deal to you) could be making him feel bad or "not good enough" and he doesn't say anything. It builds up and then he boils over and says "all you ever do is bitch at me."

I didn't realize I did it until after my (now ex) husband said the same thing to me. I don't bitch about everything but I certainly made comments about things that I didn't really need to make comments about and I can see now how he could have taken them the wrong way.

He might feel like he's being criticized and he doesn't like it. I don't like being criticized either so it's made me more conscious of what I say and how I say it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 8:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yeah you're right, I do comment like that a lot. But usually because I know I'm going to be the one cleaning it up.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should stop
    Anonymous

• Maybe I should. But maybe he should stop making messes. He might be sick of my bitching. But I'm sick of his mess making.. I've asked him nicely to stop junking that table up all the time, I have to clean a nasty mess off it every he goes in there to make anything.
    Anonymous

• I would have said the same thing you did.He will get over it the next time he wants some grownup mom and dad time.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Try reading "Fighting for Your Marriage"; it is a good book about how couples fight and finding a more effective way to communicate.

Though sarcasm may make you feel better in the short term, it will not suddenly transform his behavior in a positive way.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010