12 weeks pregnant.....

and I need some healthy, low fat, low cal snacks and breakfast smoothies. any ideas ladies?

stacyfru

Asked by stacyfru at 8:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO NO NO. You do NOT need low cal or low fat. You need the fat and calories while pregnant!
    Anonymous

• you can snack on fruits and veggies plus you can use them to make a delicious smoothie with yougurt.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• *yogurt
    symle456

• You do not need an excessive amount of either in your diet when you are pregnant.... to much can cause rapid weight gain and lead to complications....You only need an extra 300 calories in your second and third trimesters and I would like to have them healthy, not greasy and fried.... but I will take that as a no, that you did not have any good suggestions.
    stacyfru

Answer by stacyfru at 8:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• These are the things I ate with my last pregnancy. Not sure if they are low cal and low fat, but they are healthy....
    -Turkey wrap with low fat mozz cheese
    -light and fit yogurt
    -low fat mozz cheese sticks
    -egg white omelets with tomato, green bell pepper, onion, basil and mozz cheese
    -stawberries and banana smoothies (Strawberry, banana, ice and 1% or skim milk)
    -carrots and light ranch dressing
    -lean cuisine meal (any kind)
    -organic peanut butter on whole wheat toast (great source of protein!!)
    -salad greens with light ranch
    That's all I can think of for now. I will add more if I can. GL and hope this helps :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I agree OP I think taking in healthy low calorie meals is good! I have 8 lb babies and only gain 5 lbs. which means i lose weight in reality! And my doctor is always pround of me! When you cut out the junk it is easier to be healthy. I lose weight b/cause I cut out soda, beer, coffee, fried foods, and junk! Be healthy and dont listen to the women who think it is okay to be huge and overweight during pregnancy!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2010