should i?

if i think my baby has a pink eye should i take her to ER or call her doctor tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wash your hands and baby's hands because pink eye is highly contagious. you should be able to wait for a doctor's appt. though. It's up to you, but because ER visits are costly I would wait and make an appt. in the am.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Tomorrow will be fine. Just keep your and babies hands clean like pp said. If no appt avail go to a walk in or urgent care clinic. Ers cost way too much..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If you are nursing put a few drops of expressed milk in them and wait to go to the doc in the morning. The milk may clear it up though. I have used it myself instead of meds and the pink eye was gone in 3 days.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I thought my son had pink eye when he was an infant and it turned out to just be a clogged tear duct. If you are breastfeeding definitely do the breast milk in the eye and you can also use a warm wet wash cloth and gently rub from the inner part of the eye near the bridge of the nose outward. They usually clear up quickly.
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2010