How is it to have 5 kids

I wanted to have close to 4 or 5 kids but I don't know if I should because kids can be hard to handle once an while so I wanted to know everyone's experience with 4 or 5 kids.

AlanaMona

Asked by AlanaMona at 8:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'll have 5 in about 4 weeks.
    It probably all depends on your parenting philosophy. If your the kind of mother that thinks they have to spend every waking moment with their child, entertaining and enriching them then you would probably go insane with more then 1 or 2 kids.
    My 4 kids are 4, 7 1/2, 8 1/2 and about to turn 10. I've taught them to be independent so they don't need me to do things for them anymore (they get their own food, do their own laundry, clean up after themselves...usually). Not that they don't drive me nuts. Right now it's raining and the satellite went out so they are running around crazy and I'm ready to send them all to bed right now.
    I've found the baby/toddler years to be the easiest. The older they get the more hard they are to control and deal with.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Have you ever worked at a petting zoo at feeding time? That's kinda what it's like to have 5 kids... Pure Insanity!
    Anonymous

• No I don't know what it's like to be at the zoo at feeding time but thanks anyway
    AlanaMona

Answer by AlanaMona at 8:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i have 4 children and to be honest it's not that bad at all it can get a lil crazy but hey life can get crazy as well with or without 4 or 5 kids lol!
    Anonymous

• Thanks
    AlanaMona

Answer by AlanaMona at 8:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• dunno I have three and thats enough any more is crazy to me!
    Anonymous

• Not all kids are very easily taught to be independant. I've tried the same thing justanotherjen is talking about. It doesn't work too well with mine, they still seem to not be able to do anything on their own, because they choose not to. I think it depends on the TYPE of kids you have.. the personalities. I could TOTALLY handle five kids if they were all like my step daughter. But if they were all like my middle child.. I'd jump off a bridge.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 8:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I have 4 and it differs from minute to minute- sometimes I want to leave them all, sometimes I'm on top of the world.
    Anonymous