Spin off: sort of from 2 guys in 1 day...

I was reading through the answers and a lot of women said they have only slept with their husbands. Is this common? I kind of find it hard to believe that this many women and their husbands were virgins before each other. Not that it's a bad or good thing, it's just hard to believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't tend to believe it. And personally I always feel so bad for people like that... I have never understood the idea of "saving yourself" I mean, you're denying yourself in the HOPES that you'll find something better? What's the point? You could die tomorrow, enjoy today!

And to be honest, I can't think of a single person I have EVER met under the age of like 55 that can make that claim honestly... My Grandmother was 16 when she got married and although she only had one, even she wasn't a virgin when they married... What's the point?
    Anonymous

• I believe it!
    Anonymous

• I wasn't a virgin when I got married, but I have only slept with my husband.
    Anonymous

• My husband was my first. I was his second. I think it is common, people are just embarrased to talk about it. They dont' think they are "normal". I know in my circle of family/friends it wasn't "accepted" that I waited till marriage by some.
    Anonymous

• OP HEre: I dont' know why it's embarrasing. Maybe because I don't hear a lot about it (except here on CafeMom) that I think it's less common.
    Anonymous

• Anon 8:41 - how cynical! There are plenty of people who save themselves for marriage. I think you don't hear a lot about it because they tend to also be more modest in general and therefore do not divulge the details of their sex lives.
    I see nothing wrong with it and find it admirable.
    I got to witness the marriage of 2 of the most amazing people this year. They waited for each other and I don't doubt that it was worth it. This is the value we teach our children as well.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My hubby was my first and only, But I was his third. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17 though so that has a lot to do with him being my first and only. I wasn't purposely saving myself for just my husband, that's just how it worked out.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Oh and we defiantly didn't wait til marriage to have sex together lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• What is so hard to believe about it. There are women who were taught a standard, accepted that standard, and met that standard. My parents taught me that sex was something to be shared by man and wife as a privilege of that union. You marry with a sense of commitment to that union for it to last "until death you do part". When times are tough, you dig deep and work through it. Sex isn't something to be taken lightly, used as recreation, or as a tool. It is personal, it is private, and it is the culmination of a commitment to be between husband and wife. Then, the consequence of that privilege, children, isn't a surprise, a problem, or unwanted.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I had premarital sex, lol.. and I'm not afraid to admit it!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2010