How's this for a twist: anyway to avoid going into labor for a little bit?

I know, it's a shock, since so many ask how to encourage labor to start.

I'm either 38 weeks or 40 weeks now (it's a long story; even the doctor is confused).

Anyway, this week lots of little things went wrong that are making me want to hold on to this baby for at least a few days longer: MIL who is supposed to come take care of us once baby is born was exposed to strep throat, and wants to make sure she doesn't get it before being around us; hubby has got a huge senior capstone project he's wrapping up this week, and I just got a cold I'd like to get over a bit so I'll have more energy for pushing.

I know ready or not baby is going to come when he wants to come, so this is probably a useless question, but if you have any thoughts (even if it's just wishing us luck), let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hey girl go on bedrest dont get outta bed unless its bathroom or no one to get ur food/drink itll work trust me good lluck and get well soon
    Anonymous

• Bed rest maybe? no sex, no walking, just Google ways to help induce labor at home, and dont do any of those lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Full bedrest and full pelvic rest (no sexual intercourse) and drink plenty of fluids.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree with everyone else COMPLETE bed rest if at all possible...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Do the opposite of the natural remedies (avoid walking, stairs, physical touch, happiness, sex, laughing, get hydrated & nourished & rested...)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Avoid everything that's supposedly supposed to help you go into labor - in other words, everything already mentioned!
    Anonymous