how long will i be sick.....since im just a few weeks

Asked by Shannon20082010 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Usually it lets up during the second trimester, (i'm assuming you mean you're pregnant), but some women are sick their entire pregnancies. Try dry crackers and ginger tea.

Answer by sapient at 9:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You can expect it up until you're 13 weeks. Some women never get sick and some are sick the whole time though. Good luck!

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i hate to tell u this but i was sick the whole 8 mnths. he was a preme.

Answer by mexicu at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It differs for every woman. Most women only experience "morning" sickness during the first trimester. However, I have known women to say they had sickness throughout their entire pregnancy. There's really no way to tell. Sorry!

Answer by Ryanswife06 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Just know that a man had to come up with the phrase "morning sickness"

It normally lessens in the second trimester. Good luck. Saltines work wonders

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It depends on if you have morning sickness or Hyperemesis.

Morning sickness usually goes away by week 13 or so. Hyperemesis can last the whole pregnancy. If you have HG you know it though because it is non stop and you feel like hell. You also lose weight and get dehydrated.

So.. it realy depends on which you are having.

Answer by busybee914 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Morning sickness, or so it is called, usually lasts 14 weeks from the onset of symptoms.

I hate the term morning sickness because it can happen at anytime. Morning, day, or night.

Be happy you have this sickness, it is normal and it confirms that your hormone levels are rising.

Answer by girlneffy at 1:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It is normal to have morning sickness up till 14 weeks pregnant. But, I had morning sickness with my first child all 9 months, and it wasn't just in the morning. I vomited after eating anything, and OMG if someone said the word chicken, brought chicken in my house, ate chicken, I would just get so sick. I lost 30 pounds during that pregnancy. It was bad. My second daughter I had the normal morning sickness that passed after 13 weeks. Good luck to you, and your doctor can try you on some meds. if it gets to out of control.. (They work for some people)

Answer by MKSers at 5:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010