what do you do if your husbands family wont respect, no matter how many times you have talk to them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• hey girl, i just tonight deleted my sisterinlaw from fb bc she said i need to get a JOB, like that on fb. it was messed up! i just don't even give her the benefit of the fight. my hubby seriously wanted to fight with her and was poised to do it. i told him that's whitetrash and we don't do that. i wont be there for her if she needs anything. that's life. you have to burn that bridge sometimes. and i go to school full time and i make money doing it. her hubby doesn't work at all but helps her take care of her kids, whatever!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• won't respect... won't respect who? Or what?
    You? Your relationship? Him?

There's really not much you can do, except for ignore and go on about your life. You shouldn't have to prove yourself to be apart of the family, but sometimes you do... Just do the absolute best you can, and eventually, they'll see that whatever they say won't phase you or your relationship. Good luck!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• you hold your head high and ignore them. really, it's the only way youre going to earn their respect is to show them you are a bigger person.
    Anonymous

• I would not have married into a family that didn't respect me, Sorry.
    Anonymous

• thanks everyone and to the person who said they wouldnt have married into a family that respects me, dey loved me from day one they decided to turn against us when we didnt do things their way..my husband is my husband ...and will stay that as for his family they can well no need for profanity!
    Anonymous

• that sounds tough I wouldn't even acknowledge them as family to me or my kids if they hate the kids mom odds are they will treat the kids worse than any of his other siblings don't have one thing to do with them if you husband wants to that's his right and you don't have to keep him away from them just since you married into a family who has no respect for you you have to now deal with the fact they never will
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• As long as your dh stands up for you against his family then you have what is most important. Try reading "Toxic In-Laws" and see if it has anything helpful for you.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Cut them lose not worth a fight.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Ignore them and live a happy life without them and their shit.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2010