My daughter keeps falling asleep standing up in her crib!

The last 2 nights we've been letting her cry a bit so she can learn to put herself to sleep. She's never been a good sleeper...luckily she has fallen asleep each time she's woken up really quickly, which is a relief because I don't think I have the heart to let her cry more than 10 minutes or so...the issue is that almost every time I go check on her after she's been quiet after crying for a few minutes she's asleep but holding onto her crib either in a sitting or even standing position! Has anyone else's child done this?? It breaks my heart!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• awww that is just tooo cute!!! kinda broke my heart a lil bit to!! lol make sure ya get pictures!! that something you'll wanna remember! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• She's just falling asleep in the position that she was in while crying. It's not anything unusual. She'll be fine, and she'll learn to fall asleep on her own. You're doing your best and a good one at that.
    My son never did that, because he curled up underneath his blankets and would fake cry, and eventually, the sound of his own crying lulled him to sleep. I bet that's what's happening to your daughter. She's just lulling herself to sleep in the position that she was in while she had been crying.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• no i wouldnt worry about it..but like pp said get pics....
    Anonymous

• awwwwwwwwwwwwww......lol that is just precious. I'd want to scoop her right up and snuggle her. Well, at least she is falling asleep like she should, you know she's actually tired and not crying because she's not tired.
    My little girl hasnt fallen asleep in that position but I can just imagine how that would make you feel! I've had to let my daughter cry it out and I watch her on the monitor and I always want to run in there and grab her up...just as I'm about to give in, she lays down and falls asleep.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• SO CUTE! When my son was going through that stage and we were letting him cry for a bit, we came in when he was quite to check on him and he was laying on top his rail, by the wall...he must have heard us coming and knew he would be in trouble for climbing, but was a bit stuck! So he decided to pretend that he was sleeping, with a fake snore and everything.

She will be fine, my son always konks out after crying for a min or two..its amazing how they can fall asleep right in the middle of crying lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I demand pictures. This is too cute not to be seen.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure how old your dd is, but when they are first learning to stand, babies can stand up, but not get down. My babies would cry and cry until I went in and gently laid them down. Then they went right off to sleep, bless them. So it might be that she can't lay down. Precious baby, God bless.
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010