my best friend needs help

we went out today and i noticed that she's lost a lot of weight. she's 20 years old, 5'1" and was only 105 lbs to begin with. she's dropped to almost 90 and she's scared cause she's not tring to lose weight and is eating regularly and healthy. she's trying to gain weight but it's not working. we think it's her thyroid but she can't afford to go to the doctor. does anyone know any natural remedies for an over active thyroid?

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• Call the health dept and ask where the closest free health clinic is. This sounds too important to ignore. If all else fails, go to the ER. They have a fund to pay for hospital bills of people who can't pay.
    Anonymous

• Go to a clinic and see a dr. Don't try to self medicate until you have a diagnosis.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• No matter how much I want to answer your question, I cannot. I would never feel right about telling you something, knowing full well this person needs to be evaluated by a Dr. This is not something that can be addressed here. Please have her see a Dr. If she can't afford it, go to ER where they can evaluate her. There are too many possibilities.
    Anonymous

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• she doesn't qualify for a free clinic because she has health insurance but her insurance doesn't really cover anything, maybe 10% of the bill and she has other bills so she can't pay the rest.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• also the ER's in CT are crap. i had a kidney infection in december and went to the ER with insurance similar to hers and told them i was unemployed and couldn't afford a huge bill. my bill ended up being 600 dollars for an IV and a prescription for anti biotics. i hate this cause i wanna help but there's no way to help
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Wow! I would find out if some docs would take payments on her visit I know the hospital will what about urgent care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2010