How many moms have kids close n age is it hard? and would you do it over if u could?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my kids are 19 mos. to the day apart. Boy 1st, then girl. Since boys are generally "slower" and girls "faster" they were brought up like twins basically. Potty trained together, transitioned into big beds together, perfected ABCs and writing their name together

Not only would I do it again, I'd do 2-3 mos closer if I could
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Mine are about 14 months apart. 2 boys, that are 8 and 22 months right now. I wouldn't say it's too hard. They are interacting now, which makes it awesome and funny. I am a SAHM though. I wouldn't want to think about work on top of taking them to daycare, plus all the house hold things that would need done. I think it is deffinately less boring. I love it. We want a third, but for career reasons it's not being planned right now. Have to have that stability, otherwise we would be considering to get another one in there sooner LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• PS yesssss it was hard. The hardest part of all was my own mistake. I spent the entire 3rd trimester getting my son off the bottle. By the time the baby came home from the hospital he did sippy cups for outings and normal grown up cups around the house. Since he'd only been bottle free a few months, though, when he saw the babies bottles he went MENTAL and I had to start all over again.

Having 2 in diapers is rough, and expensive..... I might have attempted cloth if I could go back
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My kids are similar to the first poster - 18 months apart, boy then girl. It was actually pretty easy for the reasons she noted, they were close to the same developmental level at almost the same time. They are now almost 9 and 10 and still like the same toys, games, etc. so they play together amazingly well. They were my 2nd and 3rd children, I now have an 18 month old and am due in July - so yes I would, and am, doing it again!

Answer by missanc at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My boys are really close in age! I love every single day with them and I would do it over again. We are adding another little one to the group...
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Right now I have three kids, all 19 months apart. My older two are twins, and the younger one is 19 months younger. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love having them so close. I am now currently pregnant with my fourth baby, and I am very nervous about the age difference. The twins will still be 4 and the little one will be 3 when this one is born. I was trying to make them closer in age, but it didn't work out that way!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yeah, as hibbingmom said, the bottle issue happened to me. I stopped fighting it. My son takes a bottle at nap and at bed time. If he is having a crazy moment when the baby is getting one, he gets one with water in it. And at nap and bed he only gets 4 oz in it, not all 8.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Yes and with my two NO WAY!!! Once the oldest was mobile and running around the other started crawling one would go one way the other the other way I did nothing but chase to babies around all day long by the end of the day I would literally crash watching the 9:00 news LOL! they are now 12 and 13 1/2....It gets worse as they get older have fun:)
    Anonymous

• my girls are 13mths apart. in the beginning it was hard because i had a 4mth old and i found out i was pregnant again and it wasn't planned, but i wouldn't have it any other way. they are so close, they are 2 and 3 yrs now and they are growing up like twins even though they look totally different. on me it was hard and is hard, but for them i love it and it is what God had planned and i can't argue with that
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• isn't the bottle issue the WORST???? After that disaster I decided to delay potty training. I did 'em together the week he turned 3 (so she was almost 1 1/2) and it was easy breezy, thankfully.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2010