At what age?

My daughter is 5 months old and can sit up pretty well. can I put her in a shopping cart without her car seat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would cushion her and make sure you strap her in the cart seat

Answer by admckenzie at 9:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• you could certainly try now and see what happens.... it's unlikely at that age she has the trunk (core) support necessary.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I propped my son up with a blanket. As long as you don't shop too long she will probably be fine. By the end of the trip he was getting tired!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My daughter was sitting in a cart at 4 months with one of those cart cover things. I would put a blanket on each side of her just in case she tipped over. SHE LOVED IT!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My son couls sit straight up for long periods at a time at that age alwso. I put him in the cast with one of those cart cover things. He did fine for bout 45 minutes then he got tired back muscles and i carried him from then (this was on long shopping trips..lol.)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• If she can sit up an hold on that's fine. If unstable I would wait a couple of weeks. I don't recommend propping and unstable baby. The belt in carts isn't secure enough..
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2010