Do you think its ok to marry someone 30+ years older than you?

I have a friend that has never dated anybody in her life. She is 27 and just started dating someone who is old enough to her dad. they are already engaged after a month of dating. This is her first relationship ever. I hope she is just not settling. So do you think it is ok? would you marry some one that much older?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• from the ages of 18-21 I dated/lived with/was engaged to a man who was 39-42. It was nice, we had a lot in common. However, my parents/family was so ashamed I could not go through with it.

But if you have the same needs/goals/morals, etc I say go for it, take it slow, see what happens.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think marrying older is fine, but marrying too soon in a relationship no matter the ages..no. I wish them luck.

My husband is much older then me but we are happily married. We were in a relationship for a year before we got married...still seemed a little to soon for me lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• one word...YUCK. she'll still be young when he's elderly...then what
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I married a man 10 yrs older. Honestly it can work, but I have doubts from what you said. I was engaged 3 yrs before marriage. So we took things very slow. She does seem to be rushing things a bit. Unless she plans on a long engagement.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• my friend married a guy like that she's 36 and he's in his 60's and he's already lost most of his sex drive and she's still young and wants a child but he no longer wants one due to his age but I don't try and tell her it's wrong or anything else it's her life and her business not mine..I figure if she gets hurt or becomes unhappy she knew that would happend due to age and she will have to go thru it and deal with it or divorce adn find someone else. I have no say in her relationship.
    Anonymous

• My hubby is 13 years older but I think I would draw the line at 18. When someone actualy IS old enough to be your dad/mom then you are entering some gross territory. I was doing some of my family history and found a couple where the wife died and he married her sister. Which I guess was standard practice back then. Only he was 54 and the girl was 15. Can you imagine? And they did have several more children, ick.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Money talks. ;)
    Anonymous

• I almost married a guy 30 yrs older than me but then met SO and the rest is history

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• My MIL is married to a guy 30 years YOUNGER than her. He was 19 and she was 49 when they got married, and she was already a grandmother. It was extremely weird for a long time, and MIL still wonders why her daughter won't come visit. Her husband is younger than DH's brother & sister and only 2 years older than DH. We haven't quite explained that family dynamic to our son yet. He probably just thinks MIL's husband is another uncle or something since my BIL lives with them.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• HELL NO! My husband is almost 8 years older than me and that is HARD enough to deal with. I think she is making a mistake.

Is she marrying him for the MONEY?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2010