have you ever tricked your teenager into doing something around the house that needed to be done??

OMG I did this she has been looking for her comb for like a week LOL well she decided today she was going to clean under the couches vacuum and all until she found her comb and here mom knows where it is haha!! I figured I can't get her to do anything else around the house I may as well take advantage of it as long as she's willing to clean (I'll give her her comb when she's done)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hahaha That's the only way to get a teenager to do Anything. Bravo!
    Anonymous

• Yup that is how I got through 3 teens at home without having a breakdown!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• LOL That's genius!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I know the best part is I may try it more often and just stick her comb on her bathroom floor under all her dirty clothes so maybe she'll clean the bathroom and do her laundry too :D
    Anonymous

• That wouldn't work with my girls...lol.
    When they leave anything in their pants pockets or lying around the house (house rules are to pick up after yourself and to clean out your pockets when putting them in the laundry or you lose it) I either hide it or throw it away if it's nasty. I used to find money and at the end of the day I would tell the family, thanks for paying me for my services today! No one would know who left money in their pocket until they noticed it was missing and they knew better than to ask because they know the rules.
    Also, they know that when mama or their dad tells them to do something, they better get it done. We give them a time limit, though, so they don't have to jump up and do it right away. BUT, if their dad comes home from work at midnight and notices something not done or not done right then he will wake that person up and make them go do it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2010