what kind of a mom...

i just posted a question about my best friend who is 20 and is down to 90 lbs. she's lost a ton of weight that she couldn't afford to lose in the first place. she started at 105 lbs which is the minimum for her height of 5'1". she just told me that she went to her mom for help cause she doesn't know why she's losing weight yet she eats a lot and her mom just said "well you don't eat junk food" call me crazy but if my daughter was 15 lbs underweight and couldn't gain it back no matter how hard she tried i'd be at the hospital with her in a heartbeat. would any of you moms blow your daughters health and well being off like that? that's her only daughter and she doesn't care

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Health

• omg yeah there is something wrong with her if that was my child/adult child i would be at the doc/hops demanding answers
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would never blow off any health issues with my daughter no. She is my first priority. Period.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree I would be at the doc with her too! But if she's 20, can't she go herself? (just asking!)

And what is she eating? can she eat higher calorie foods? add banana milkshakes/ add avocados to sandwiches, stuff like that?
    Anonymous

• She might have an over active thyroid. She needs to see a doctor.
    Anonymous

• she can't afford it. her insurance doesn't cover anything and yes she's eating high calorie foods
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2010