Is it weird to go to the next apartment over and introduce yourself to the new neighbors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I always do this, and I do bake homemade cookies or a cake to take....I suppose some people could be uncomfortable, but I've never had anyone turn them down, and have made many friends this way over the years.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i always do this because i want to know who the neighbors. plus seeing how we live in apartment complexs i want them to know that my kids are around and they need to watch out how they drive
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Not at all. It's nice. I wish more peopl had done that to us when we moved. Only 3 did. lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I think it's a wonderful idea. And give a box of cookies. Not homemade. Everyone remembers the person who gives cookies.
    Anonymous

• I am from a small town and it's just the norm. But when I lived in some major cities, like Tacoma WA no one did it. And when I was on a recent military base I only knew 1 neighbor!!! Too bad more people don't do it, makes me feel safer. I know everyone all around me now, but am around my home again.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i dont think so. i'm too shy to go door to door but i would love a visit from my new neighbor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2010