my son is 5 weeks old. is that too young to take him on a boat at the lake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it should be fine as long as your not going fast cuz some waves are pretty hard and would bounce his kneck.....but they dont make life jackets that small....so are you going to put put around??????
    Anonymous

• Yes he is too itty bitty I'd hate for something to happen no matter how careful us mommies are.
    Wait till he's a little older and don't let no one talk you into it either.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I would be fearful. What if he got motion sickness for one....that would ruin him for hours and hours. Not to mention how scared he may be. I don't think I would feel comfy doing that until my kids were at least 3 years, but that's me.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• it's really up to you. if you are comfortable with it. for me it would depend on the boat, the lake, who was driving, and what the weather was going to be like.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Not at all. keep that baby home where he belongs!
    Anonymous

• be sure he has proper life jacket! just bought one for my baby but i didnt take her til she was 3mnths
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do it. I know here to go on the boats (commercial ones) baby has to be 6 weeks old, they also make sure of this because women have to be 6 weeks post partum to be out on the boats. It's for your safety too. that first 6 weeks is when medical complications are most likely, not to mention there is no such thing as a life jacket for a newborn.
    Anonymous

• My son LOVED the boat at around 2 months old. The sound and vibrations really soothed him. We didnt go speedboating or anything but now that he is almost 2 he still loves it. He always wears his life vest and gets to help drive....it still soothes him to sleep too. :)
    I would say think twice though at 5 weeks old. By thenI doubt you could find a life vest that allows you to provide him with head support, not to mention you will probably not enjoy yourself as much as you want to.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my son is 7weeks and i'm still scared to take him in the sun for too long. i wouldn't do it.
    zaidynsmommy426

Answer by zaidynsmommy426 at 5:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2010