no crash diets please.

What kind of food do you eat when you want to lose weight? What exercises do you enjoy?

eheintz223

Asked by eheintz223 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Steamed veggie bags. I really like the broccoli, cauliflower and carrot one. Chicken breast, seasoned with Mrs. Dash (it's salt free) all whole wheat breads, tortilla's ect. All fruit jam. Salad with Raspberry dressing. Yogurt, egg whites. Triscuits and natural almonds for snacks. Fruits, veggies, salmon.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• i've answered this question so many times cause i'm a fitness trainer. 6 small meals a day consisting of plenty of fruits, vegetables, protein, and CARBS. you absolutely need good carbs to clense your body, give you energy, and help your body produce insuline which breaks down sugar and fat(thinks like whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread). drink lots of water and do exercise tht target the areas you want but also do cardio for a half hour every other day because it strengthens your heart and burns calories and fat quickly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• also OATMEAL...oatmeal scrubs your body clean of impureties
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I try my best to eat as many fruits and veggies as I can during the day, and I try not to eat starchy things past 7pm. Don't be too hard on yourself whatever you do, as it can stress you out and reduce the effectiveness of any diet/exercise you may be doing. I like going for walks (with other moms/kids especially!), doing lunges, running around with a soccer ball, paying badminton, swimming, and chasing around my little girl. Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast (this is where I put most of my calories because I know I'll burn them throughout the day) and try not to eat a heavy dinner (use a smaller plate, it tricks your mind!) Above all, try to find someone else to lose weight or even just exercise with you (maybe another mom?), if anything it will make it more fun for you both! Good luck!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• There are lots of good ideas here. Also, watch portion sizes, particularly of meats, fatty and starchy foods. When you serve yourself at dinner, take a protein serving no larger than your palm, a carb serving the same size, and fill the rest of your plate with veggies. Have healthy snacks ready and waiting for when it's been too long since your last meal (3 hours is long enough) because if you get really hungry, you make bad decisions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I lost weight with a nutritional cleansing program. It is healthy, safe and does not involve stimulants or diet pills. It is not a colon cleanse and has none of the unpleasant side effects of most colon cleanse products.

Here is a link to my blog - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Check it out and if you have any questions feel free to message me or email me - my contact info is on my blog. I can help you.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i did a 3 day cleanse before i started my diet and workout regiment
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010