My 11 week old baby doesnt look at me in an upright position.

My 11 week baby focuses at me while feeding or laying in the gym or couch.He smiles babck,chats and laughs when i talk to him.But when i put him on upright postion he ihardly sees me.Since we found that he was a colicky and acid reflux baby who cried all the time after 3 weeks of his birth he started focusing at 8 weeks and looking at me in 1othweek.My doc said since he was sick he is doing his things lil late. m concerned is y cant he focuse at me while sitting?Is it a sign ou autism or does he have a vision pblms, coz i have noticed he takes time to open his eyes when i take him for a walk and keeps blinking till he can see things.He also keeps his head tilted on his leftside in the carseat and blinks if he has to see upwards.
He is also a very active baby keeps playing happily in his gym, coos , laughs and also started rotating in his gym .He also pushes his feet and keep sliding forward.He also folllws me when I bypass

sue870

Asked by sue870 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby is 4mnths and does sorta the same things she wont look me dead in the face...so i asked the dr she says that when we are born we see everything upside down and we have to train our brain to flip the picture over..and she said thats why...so like you i am just waiting lol
    Anonymous

• i would say nothing is wrong. i have an 11 week old as well. the reason he blinks when you walk him is because babies eyes are sensitive and it is bright out even on cloudy days. my lil one does the same thing and so did her sister. also babies have a favorite side to lay on so he prob is just comfy in his carseat like that. sounds like he is right on w everything else. all babies have trouble seeing diff things at this age. dont worry.
    Anonymous