School trips

This one school does an awful lot! 4 or more a month. How would you feel about that if you couldn't be at ALL of them? Would you pick a different school that was more conserved? I have another school in mind that does 2 a year. A few people had said to me that they would love their kid exposed to such things as the first school. I don't know which to choose. I can take her on trips myself. I'm worried about her safety and that the trips may burn her out a bit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What do you mean by trips? And is this a summer schedule thing, like to a park or something? I'm confused. I have never heard of a preschool taking trips. Unless it was a walk or something.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• I agree with you mom! I worked at a preschool that took about 3 trips per year and I felt like it was more work than it was worth at that age.

Plus they ride charter buses, no seat belts or anything. I am a car seat fanatic!

And like you said, you cant take your child on trips yourself and that is much more boding time and safe too :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• 2 blonde babies. Um I don't knw where you live but here all of the schools do trips. Museums, farms, playgrounds, theaters, etc. I live in PA.
    Anonymous

• are we talking about a preschool?? My preschool doesn't do ANY trips... the school has stuff come to them. That's just nuts!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Our preschool takes the kids to the Pumpkin Patch....the Anniston museum...which is about 30 minutes away...and the Fire Station....

Most preschools in our area (alabama) go a couple of places.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Why are you worried about your child's safety? How much is the teacher/adult:child ratio? My child went to a very good preschool and that's actually what they did a lot. They went to watch an orchestra show, talked to and watched jazz musicians, exposure trip to a brazilian football, museums, etc..I can no longer remember what else they did. I did not worry because there is 5:1 adult to kid and they went had a private transportation. I think that exposure trips are very important. Aside from that, I bring them to a lot of trips myself. They specially love planes and going to far away places they had never been to. It fills them with excitement.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• trips are wonderful ways to learn ina fun way! Dont take that from you kids! Plus, I live 30 minutes fro my sons school, and cnt make all of them but that doesnt mean it is better for him to miss out!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Befor we decided to homeschool we were looking at preschools and I was shocked to find out that they did fields trips with such young children. I knew that if he attended that school that i would be going with him or he wouldnt go at all, bottom line. I dont trust other people to watch my child expecially when they have all the others to watch. I would look at other schools
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010