Any ideas to keep a 2 1/2 year old entertained indoors?

bella021

Asked by bella021 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let me know if you get any answers! I have the same problem with my 19 month old! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• Oh yes! Build a tent/fort and pretend you're camping or in the ocean, arts and crafts (painting, coloring, glue-ing), helping you sweep/clean (my daughter likes to put socks on her hands and "help me dust"), banging on pots and pans, having a "dance party," inviting friends over, an extra bath, playing house with dolls, playing with cars and trucks, helping you make brownies or cake or cookies, having a stuffed animal parade.. pretty much anything silly will do! It's okay to let loose and make a mess once in a while too, I used to find myself worrying about arts and crafts and messy toys everywhere.. but in the end it's just more fun to let it happen.. "Life is not about how many storms there are, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 10:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

• playdough, finger paints, puzzles, help you clean, a dvd here and there, dance, exersize, read, play pretend, sing, rool around the floor with them, cook/bake with them..........
    Anonymous

• you more likey have to entertain them yourself. at that age. like Anon. 10:33 above me said.playdough, paint, puzzles, &dvd's.you can also try coloring books, & those big blocks of legos. so yout toddler can built things.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2010